Consultant to support and lead communications on diverse sustainability projects
Arctik is looking for a consultant to support and lead communications on diverse sustainability projects. Are you the Napoleon of online and offline communication strategy? Do you have a passion for ecology and sustainability? Are you interested in science communication? Then don’t wait to apply to become our new communication manager.
Contract type: full-time
Starting date: as soon as possible
Application deadline: 20 April 2021
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
As a communication consultant at Arctik, you would be responsible for project management, planning and delivery. This would include:
- Develop and execute communication and dissemination strategies to meet project goals
- Translate research or policy documents into content that speaks to different target audiences
- Organise stakeholder engagement and outreach activities
- Develop social media strategies and campaigns
- Work with our creative team to deliver engaging audio-visual content
- Draft content for different media and audiences (articles, interviews, blogs, press releases, …)
- Managing project timelines, deliverables, and budgets
- Maintain good relationships with research partners and clients
- Managing and coaching junior staff
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- A master’s degree
- 3-5 years’ experience working in communication
- Excellent command of English
- Strong writing skills
- Experience translating abstract material into engaging content
- Project management, the ability to work on different projects while respecting strict deadlines
- Flexibility and initiative to respond to changing priorities
- A can-do attitude
- European spirit and a sense of humour!
Any of the following is a plus:
- Fluency in other European language
- Knowledge of the EU’s research priorities and/or EU policies in the fields of circular economy, environment, and/or climate agenda
- Digital skills (social media management platforms, Google Analytics, media monitoring software)
- Team management
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING
- A diverse job at a dynamic and creative agency
- Interesting tasks working on topics that matter
- A permanent contract starting as soon as possible
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Training and the opportunity to develop your skills
- A fun team
WHO WE ARE
Arctik is a Brussels-based communication agency that puts sustainability first. We provide a broad range of communication services to European clients who focus on environmental and climate issues, circular economy, and sustainable development. Arctik is part of the leading science and innovation consultancy Technopolis Group.
Technopolis Group provides evidence-based policy advice and insights with offices in Europe, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Our experts support decision-makers who want to tackle environmental or societal issues or look to achieve fair and sustainable growth through science, technology, innovation, health, and education.
Arctik is committed to protecting your privacy. We will always keep your personal data safe and will aim to comply with applicable data protection legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the Belgian Data Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 (FR/NL). We do not store CVs of rejected job applicants unless the individual has given us their consent.
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV on the Technopolis Group website, together with a cover letter explaining your interest in the specific job, how your skills and experience meet our requirements and why you believe you would be a good addition to the Arctik/Technopolis team.
Closing date for application: 20 April 2022.
Ideal start date: May 2022 (or before).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.